A great trend that’s on the rise lately is giving an experience gift rather than more “stuff”. As a person who’s love language is quality time, I love this trend! We have so much fun exploring what our memberships in Nashville have to offer.
If you are overloaded on toys for birthdays, Christmas, etc, you can always ask for family and friend to give an experience gift.
Here is a great list of Nashville’s best family friendly membership offerings:
- Nashville Zoo – a classic childhood field trip, the Nashville Zoo makes for one of the best memberships around town. With their camps, monthly homeschool classes, Zoo Tots program, and not to mention the amazing playground, you should definitely get your money’s worth out of this one. Reciprocal benefits get you 50% off at participating zoos around the country.
- Nashville Shores – Open from May to September, Nashville Shores is sure to help your family have some fun in and stay cool in the summer.
- Adventure Science Center – Nashville’s Science Center is a great option for those not so favorable weather days. Besides the amazing indoor playground, there are many labs and rotating exhibits great for hands on learning. ASC members can visit many museums for free around the country, check out the ASTC Passport Program for more details.
- YMCA – It may not be something you expected to see on this list, but the Y is a great membership for the whole family. Along with your regular gym offerings, childcare is included in the membership. There are many great pool options around town and good discounts on sports for members. A citywide membership gets your family access to all Ys in the Metro Nashville area.
- Lucky Ladd Farm – Open from April until October, Lucky Ladd farms is such a fun place to visit when the weather is nice. Season passes to the farm also include unlimited pony rides.
- Discovery Center – If your children are younger or you are near Murfreesboro, this is a fantastic option for annual membership. Lots of hands of fun and plenty of special classes. The Discovery Center is part of the ACM Children’s Museum network and members will receive 50% at reciprocal locations. Check the list HERE. It is also a part of the ASTC network with many free reciprocal locations. Check that list HERE
- Frist – With their newly renovated Martin’s Art Quest Gallery, this Nashville art museum is definitely one to add to your regular rotation. Educators get a discounted membership and 18 & under are free. Check out this list of reciprocal art museums for discounts around the country with your membership.
- Country Music Hall of Fame – A Nashville classic, the Hall of Fame not only is an incredible museum, but also offers many workshops, art projects, storytimes, and more. Children 18 & under in the Nashville area are admitted for free, so only adults in the family will need a membership. Check out the many membership levels and benefits HERE
- Lane Motor Museum – Got any car fanatics in your family? Check out the affordable membership to the Lane Motor Museum. The museum keeps 150 cars on display but rotates regularly from it’s 500 + vehicles in the collection. The children’s area hosts regular storytimes and activities.
- Cheekwood – On a beautiful day, Cheekwood is such a treat for a family to explore. With the rotation of the regular exhibits, it’s a nice seasonal outing to add to your calendar. This membership is sure to be a great one for families with the addition of the Frist Learning center and children’s garden. Reciprocal benefits include nearly 200 botanical gardens and over 60 museums in the southeast.